October is the month dedicated to the Most Holy Rosary and the 7th of this month is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, which marks the Christians’ miraculous victory at the Battle of Lepanto through the intercession of the Virgin Mary by the recitation of the rosary. The rosary is an exceedingly powerful tool to destroy evil and bring peace to the world through Our Lady’s intercession. In fact, in Her apparitions at Fatima, Our Lady implored the children to pray the rosary daily, and this commission still holds today. Mary told them:
“Pray the rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world… for She alone can save it.” (Our Lady, July 13, 1917)
In addition, Our Lady revealed 15 promises to St. Dominic, the founder of the Dominican Order, and Blessed Alan de la Roche to spread to the faithful. These promises apply to whoever will pray the rosary faithfully:
- Whoever shall faithfully serve Me by the recitation of the rosary shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
- The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would signify themselves by this means!
- The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the rosary shall not perish.
- Whosoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
- The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by Me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from My Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the rosary are My sons and brothers of My Only Son, Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to my rosary is a great sign of predestination (in other words, a good indication that the devotee is on the path to Heaven. The Catholic Church rejects the kind of predestination that says that it is predetermined before one’s birth whether one is going to go to Heaven or Hell).
Taken from The Catholic Company
So, during the month of October, strengthen your devotion to the Holy Rosary and if you haven’t been saying it daily, this month is a great time to start!
Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us!